Welcome to Wiswell Parish Council
Published by the Parish Council, this site is not only for residents of the village but for anyone who would like to find out more about the beautiful village of Wiswell. We hope you will find this site useful, enabling you to find out what is going on in Wiswell, such as regular updates, events, news, meetings and village information.
If you have any comments and/or questions relating to the village, please get in touch by using our contact form.
Wiswell Parish Council has a variety of powers and duties:
- discusses and negotiates with decision-making bodies, such as Ribble Valley Borough Council and Lancashire County Council
- raises money, (parish precept), to cover costs, which appears on your Council Tax bill
- applies for other funding, grants and awards
- maintains Coronation Garden
- jointly owns, (along with Whalley and Barrow Parish Councils), Whalley, Wiswell and Barrow Cemetery and contributes towards its upkeep
- raises queries with relevant authorities: Ribble Valley Borough Council, Lancashire County Council, Police, Environment Agency and United Utilities
- employs a Lengthsman to carry out maintenance around the village, keeping it clean and tidy